Brenda’s Grooming Academy Bilingual Course Curriculum
Are you ready to learn the latest grooming techniques that pets love?
See what you’ll learn in English or French below and don’t hesitate to apply today!
A 100% Hands-on Learning Experience
At Brenda’s Academy of Professional Dog Grooming ( located in Moncton, NB ) our philosophy places major emphasis on building grooming skills through actual practical classroom experience in your language of choice - all classes are bilingual, English & French.
After an initial orientation session, students start their 100% hands-on learning experience. They work on live pets under close supervision by the instructors. Students are also given extensive individual guidance, and the class size is limited to provide maximum attention to each student.
To see if you qualify to join us, please check out our admissions requirements.
Grooming Course Duration & Classes Schedule
Classes take place over 16 weeks with 3 courses available per year, check out our course dates to know when the next course will start.
The test of time has proven that a minimum of 16 weeks is necessary to sufficiently teach the basics of grooming and instill in each student that extra sense of confidence needed to groom professionally.
Our classes take place on weekdays.
|Monday to Thursday||8:30 AM to 4:00 PM|
|Friday||8:30 AM to 1:00 PM|
Students get 1 hour for lunch every day except Friday.
Pet Grooming Course Topics
Below are the topics we will cover over the duration of the course:
- Grooming demonstration
- Bathing & de-matting
- Poodle breed standard
- Table & cage sanitation
- Determining poodle sizes
- Standard poodle clips & variations
- Dog anatomy
- Cleaning ears & clipping nails
- Cage drying & fluff drying
- Tools of the trade
- Scissor control & patterns
- Clipping face & feet
- Clipping tail & body
- Mustaches & top knots
- Blending, shaping & scissoring
- Terrier breeds & their specific styles
- Spaniel breeds & their specific styles
- External parasites
- Expressing anal glands
- Grooming cats (optional) *
- Getting your business started
- Receiving customer's dogs
- Skin disorders
- Customer relations
* To note, the course focuses on dog grooming although cat grooming education is offered as an optional topic for students who are interested.